This website contains general information about child care laws and regulations. The information should not be regarded as legal advice. The Child Care Law Center makes this information available with the understanding that we are not giving legal or other professional advice.

If you need legal advice, you should consult an attorney who can represent you or advise you specifically.  Here are three ways to find an attorney:

  • The State Bar Website has a list of each county bar association, or you can call Lawyer Referral Services at 866-442-2529 or 415-538-2250
  • Contact your local county bar association to ask for referrals
  • Find low-cost or free legal help at lawhelpca.org