We are hiring!
Interested in using your legal skills for policy advocacy?
Join us as we take on one of the biggest social injustices in our country. Do you agree that child care should be a civil right for everyone, not a privilege a few? Use your legal experience to help reform injustices embedded in the legal system, and to end the racist policies that have exploited women and prevented families from achieving economic wealth.
Work at the Child Care Law Center is diverse and exciting. Attorneys do high-level impact work, policy advocacy, and litigation; at the same time, we work closely with child care providers and parents, whose experiences help shape fairer laws and policies. For forty years, we have worked to make child care policy more inclusive and just.
Here’s what you will do:
- Educate policy makers and advocates about state and federal legislation, regulation, and policies
- Implement our advocacy agenda, in the areas of disability rights, housing rights, and child care subsidy rights
- Identify legal strategies to change or enforce laws, including impact litigation strategies
- Build and strengthen partnerships with the legal aid community
Your experience and qualifications:
- At least four years of legal work experience, including litigation or pre-litigation
- Strong legal research, analysis and writing skills
- Resourcefulness and initiative to manage multiple projects
- Demonstrated interest in achieving racial justice and equity
- Experience in one of these areas: government benefits, land use/zoning, housing law, disability law, immigration law, child welfare (lived or work experience)
- Proficiency in Spanish, Cantonese or Mandarin is helpful
- Member in good standing of the California Bar
Salary, Benefits, Work location
- $85,000 – $105,000, DOE
- Health, dental, vision and long-term disability insurance, retirement plan contributions, vacation, sick, and family leave.
- Some travel to Sacramento and other locations. The Law Center is a hybrid remote workplace with an office in West Berkeley.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. Everyone interested is encouraged to apply.